For our global purchasing activities we are looking for a Senior
Purchasing Category Manager as replacement during 2-years duration
maternity leave of the Purchasing director who also has the role of
global purchasing category manager. The position is located at our
plant in Gelsenkirchen and the person will manage the following
Raw material categories hardeners, monomers, solvents and packaging on global level for all sites.
You will be part of the dedicated, cross-divisional purchasing team
of the Mäder Group. Together, you pursue the goal of becoming a
recognized business partner for all divisions, always adopting
holistic approaches that go beyond traditional cost efficiency and
which bring success, especially in processes and procedures.
In addition of strategic supplier management for the above
for our international locations you will be the coordinator of
Purchasing activities in Germany and Switzerland.
You apply and support the purchasing strategy in cooperation with
the global purchasing team and report directly to the CPO of the
corporate group. You will therefore be assigned global functions to
support CPO in the Purchasing reporting process.
SENIOR PURCHASING CATEGORY MANAGER (m/f/d)
(replacement Purchasing director maternity leave 2 years)
As Global Purchasing Category Manager and coordinator of Purchasing activities in Germany and Switzerland:
- Responsible for strategic planning and sustainable
implementation of category management of the assigned global
categories ”Monomers”, “Hardeners”, “Solvents” and “Packaging”
- Coordinate all purchasing activities in Germany and
- Responsible for all indirect spend in Germany and
Switzerland: indirect purchasing management including CAPEX,
site services, and utilities (with support of global purchasing
- Develop and implement the purchasing strategy specifically
for the categories, taking into account the global purchasing
strategy. For complex regional and international sourcing
processes, you will negotiate conditions and framework
agreements based on TCO and monitor them.
- You are strongly committed to Mäder Group purchasing KPIs.
- You prepare market and cost structure analyses, identify
potential for sourcing initiatives and establish
negotiation-proof cost targets.
- You coordinate the relationship between internal customers
and external suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing and compliance guidelines
as well as data management and specific category reporting
requirements as well as the ISO procedures. Involve Risk
management in your daily operations.
- Participate to claim management (ISO norms).
- In addition to these classic purchasing activities, you
support the overall success of the category by implementing and
harmonizing efficient processes, procedures, methods and
resources in a sustainable manner. Within the scope of this
responsibility, you are significantly involved in the
corresponding change management within the organization.
As Support to CPO you are responsible for
- Maintenance of master data in SAP; creation/modification of
new suppliers in SAP, control processes in SAP, determination of
the procurement strategy in SAP
- Responsibility of monthly group KPI consolidation and
reporting (On Time Delivery, Saving monitoring, Supplier
- Analysis of markets and recognition of market trends –
monthly summarization for reporting on group level
- Consignment warehouse management, optimization, accounting
(Vendor Managed Inventory)
- Supplier selection, evaluation and development according to
the ISO standards for all suppliers of the group
- Participate to audits according to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001,
EN9100 and IATF 1694
- Successfully completed business studies or comparable
- Several years of professional experience in purchasing.
- Several years of professional experience in chemistry,
Coatings area or related fields.
- Fundamental curiosity and enthusiasm for different
- Strong in the analysis and interpretation of business
- Creativity and a good working knowledge of MS Office,
especially Excel, pivot tables and strong SAP skills.
- Strong, self-confident personality with a confident
- A high degree of motivation and proactivity.
- German, English on fluent business level, French as an
additional language skill is advantageous.
- Team player with communication skills, assertiveness and
proven leadership and motivation in an intercultural
- High commitment, resilience, creativity, flexibility with
pleasure on regular business trips.
An open and appreciative corporate culture, challenging tasks in an innovative, dynamic and international working environment, short decision-making processes, a high degree of creative possibilities, independence,
Teamwork in a motivated, performance-enhancing environment and attractive remuneration
The position is initially limited to 24 months, but we would like to bind you to the company group in the long term.
Participate in the success of our dynamically growing company and take advantage of the opportunity for your professional future!
Please send your complete application stating your earliest possible
starting date and your salary expectations to:
Mäder Germany GmbH
Mr. Patrick Amerkamp
Head of HR Mäder Germany GmbH